Collins Days Deadlift Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
Entry Fee: $25 until June 25, 2021; $30 on the day
When: Saturday, June 26th, 2021 11 AM
Location: Main Street Amphitheater, 217 Main Street, Collins, Iowa 50055
Divisions: Juniors (18 & Under), Men’s & Women’s Open, and Men’s & Women’s Masters (40 & Up)
Early Weigh-Ins: Friday, June 25th 6-8 PM at 217 Main Street, Collins, IA
Saturday, June 26th 10-11 AM
Competition Info & Rules:
- Each lifter will get 3 attempts (come to weigh-ins prepared to tell us your opening attempt)
- Scores will be determined using a Wilks calculator (bodyweight to weight-lifted ratio). Highest score wins.
- Singlets are not required, but knee high socks are.
- Straps can be used.
- Deadlift Standards:
- The bar must be laid horizontally in front of the lifter’s feet, gripped with an optional grip in both hands, and lifted without any downward movement until the lifter is standing erect.
- The lifter shall face the front of the platform.
- On completion of the lift, the knees shall be locked in a straight position and the shoulders square or back.
- The Chief Referee’s signal shall consist of a downward movement of the hand and the audible command “down.” The signal will not be given until the bar is held motionless and the lifter is in the apparent finished position. Any raising of the bar or any deliberate attempt to do so will count as an attempt. THE BAR MUST BE LOWERED WITH CONTROL – NO EXCEPTIONS – NO DROPPING THE BAR WITHOUT CONTROL
- The correct finish position in the deadlift is – The lifter must be standing erect with the shoulders back and the knees locked
- Causes for Disqualification of a Dead Lift
- Failure to stand erect with the shoulders square or back.
- Failure to lock the knees straight at the completion of the lift.
- Stepping backward or forward although lateral movement of the sole or rocking feet between ball and heel is permitted.
- Lowering the bar before receiving the Chief Referee’s signal.
- Allowing the bar to return to the platform without maintaining control with both hands…DROPPING THE BAR AND OR DROPPING THE BAR WITHOUT CONTROL- You must show control ALL the way to the resting position for the lift to be good.
- Failure to comply with any of the requirements contained in the general description of the lift, which precedes this list of disqualifications.
- Deadlift Competition$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0